A Nationwide Horse Photographer on the Road
Back in November 2017 we made a big life change. We sold our house, bought an RV and a truck and hit the road. For the past several months we've been traveling the western US, and having a great time. I could not be happier with our new digs. We did some renovations to really make it feel like ours, and I can honestly say it is nicer than our old house!
Some details about our new place:
- 2008 Nuwa Hitchhiker II LS Model 34.5 UKSBG
- Pulled by a 2006 Ford F550
- 3 slide-outs
- Less than 400 sq ft
It was one of our favorite floor plans we looked at: super open living space, awesome kitchen, and a decently sized bathroom and bedroom. Honestly it was already almost perfect when we got it.
We had a few main goals with our renovations: adding an office space, and bringing this RV's look a little more into this decade. So far here's what we've done:
- Painted all the walls white (goodbye weird wall paper)
- Removed the valences (what the heck are these things even for?)
- Replaced the couch with two desks
- Replaced the recliners with a couch (that expands into a very comfy queen bed for guests)
- Replaced the table and chairs with a new, more modern set that expands to easily fit six and has tons of storage
- Added peel&stick tile to the kitchen
And of course we put up our decor that will fit. Which wasn't much since pretty much all the wall space is already taken up with either windows or cupboards. (Totally not complaining about that, I want all the light and storage I can get!!)
There is still so much I want to do, and even more that I would have done if I'd had more time and money (I would have loved to painted all the cabinets and done hardwood flooring throughout). I struggled taking these after pictures cause I wanted everything to be perfect and I have so many projects in mind I want to complete first. But for now these will have to do!